Dosbarth Enfys Foundation Phase Class
This term our theme will be :-
When I Fall Asleep!
Our theme for this term is When I fall asleep. This topic has a Knowledge and Understanding of the world focus and the children will learn:
- To explore ‘after dark’ including finding out about the moon, stars, nocturnal animals and familiar routines at the end of the day.
- To explore and experience the natural world as it darkens.
- About the moon and stars and how the sky changes at night.
- About sources of light and that dark is the absence of dark
- About nocturnal animals such as owls, bats and foxes including where they live and how they behave;
- About time
- How to sing simple lullabies and nursery rhymes
- About being safe and feeling safe at night time
- How to record their ideas and experience through talk, mark making, drawing and emergent writing;
- To listen to and use Welsh language across a range of experience both indoor and outdoor environment.
Reading – Your child will need to bring their reading book to school every day. Please fill in the reading record book to show that you have listened to your child read.
Physical Development– We will have a Physical Development session on a Monday. Children will need suitable PE kit which includes, trainers, joggers, shorts, leggings and a t shirt to get changed into. Please ensure ALL items of clothing are labelled with your child’s name.
Dinner Money –Needs to be paid on a Monday for the week ahead. Dinner is currently £2.50 a day/£12.50 per week. S. Please let us know if you require more envelopes for dinner money.
Dewi Dragon –To help improve pupil’s Welsh language and communication skills we will continue to send home Dewi Dragon each weekend. Dewi will come with a diary so children can record what they have done on the weekend, there are sentence starters and key words on the first page of the dairy. The children can then share what they have done with Dewi with the rest of the class the following week. You may also include photographs, leaflets etc but this is not essential.Thank you for all your hard work– the children thoroughly enjoy sharing their adventures with Dewi with the rest of the class.
We invite all new parents to visit our infants class during the term before their child is admitted. You will be able to discuss any worries that you have with the class teacher. The children are also given a number of dates when they will be able to come into school for a series of half-day sessions culminating in a whole day during the term before they begin full time education.
The Foundation Phase Class benefits considerably from having a large and attractive classroom and is equipped with an interactive whiteboard. It has wonderful outdoor areas which include the school nature garden complete with a log circle, wildlife areas and a gardening plot. These areas have been developed to create a purposeful playing area.